GIGS VIRTUAL LESSONS
At GIGS, we strive to accomplish these five goals regarding your child’s musical development:
- Grow a healthy and friendly personal relationship between student and teacher
- Embed in your child a pure love for music
- Oversee a steady growth in musical ability in your child
- Embrace your child as an important member of our creative community
- Celebrate your child’s musical taste but also challenge him/her with new suggestions
We are extremely proud to have made a full pivot to a highly successful virtual curriculum as of Monday March 16th. Our students and staff have been able to continue collaborating remotely through three unique personal experiences every week. In designing this original game-plan, we focused on the relationships we have forged as a local community-based business, flexed our expansive and customized music resource library, and relied on our resilience and creativity.
HOW IT WORKS:
HOW IT WORKS:
Many other programs have provided the sole option of a standard 30-minute weekly video call. While that may have been the easiest and quickest way to establish a remote connection, we wanted more for our students. The virtual lessons formula at GIGS goes above and beyond what can be achieved in a standard remote video lesson. We opted for this unique three-point online model to encourage daily practice from students and spread the personal interaction between students & teachers over the course of the week!
The virtual GIGS system provides
students with the following benefits:
The virtual GIGS system provides students with the following benefits:
- The chance to personally connect & socialize with his or her instructor
- Show their teacher in realtime how and what they have been practicing at home
- Receive immediate feedback and further instruction from their teacher on the spot
- Set new practice goals for the remainder of the week
SEE IT IN ACTION
“At the end of our second week with the GIGS distance learning endeavor, I just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your ingenuity and efforts! This system is working incredibly well for Ben. It’s great because I get to see his video and lesson each week, so even though I don’t play the piano, I‘m better able to help him with what he needs to be working on. He’s actually practicing more willingly and frequently than ever before! This is about way more than the music. It’s really important for Ben to have continuity and stay connected during this surreal, challenging, uncertain time. My sincere thanks to you guys for getting this off the ground and keeping it going."
“It’s going so well - we’ll definitely stick with it! these lessons have been such a blessing during this wild time!”
“Luke is loving the online lessons. Thanks for all you guys are doing to make this happen for the kids!”
“Thank you for your creative and quick-thinking ideas that have allowed a some sense of normalcy to continue in so many households. I think I speak for everyone when I say big kudos to you all!”